Last Updated: August 03, 2022.
In 2022, computer clubs were on the rise again and became a lucrative business, although the first wave of their popularity dates back to the 1990s.
Then, with the increasing availability of fast computers for private use, game enthusiasts settled at home in front of their monitors and all sorts of clubs and cafes seemed to have fallen off the scene. As it turned out, not for long.
The situation has taken a turn for the worse because of the global financial crisis and the rising cost of computer hardware: after 2012 gaming machines are once again an expensive proposition.
As a consequence, many users have started to visit cyber clubs in order to go beyond just going online and conducting their social life there. Many cyber athletes and game enthusiasts come here to hone their skills or socialize with like-minded people.
A New Reality for Gamers
At the moment, all the biggest clubs in the world boast several hundred PCs, dozens of consoles, and rooms with VIP service, VR headsets, and soft couches. Many clubs can literally be lived in and have already begun to resemble hotels.
However, entrepreneurs from China have gone further and announced that they are actually planning to build a huge cybersports club, which will combine stages for cybersports events, lounge areas, halls for gamers, and even hotel rooms and an indoor complex for skydiving.
A 500,000-square-metre cybersports arena is planned to be built in Shanghai by 2024. It cannot be called a classic computer club, because first of all, the venue will be oriented toward holding events and will get about 6 thousand spectator seats, but according to the project authors’ plan, most of the spectators will later be able to play their favorite game in the same building.
The scale is impressive! I think that eSports arenas with computer halls as a part of one big complex is one of the organic options for the development of the industry.
After all, the opportunity to not only play but to watch other gamers, to relax, and to have fun together with teammates outside the virtual space is priceless.
Shanghai, by the way, takes a place of honor in a rating of best cities for gamers on bestslotsjournal.com. The world will not go back to the old computer clubs, we can only do something more cool to compensate for the nostalgia.
Cities With Many Cyber Clubs
Many countries have begun to focus on opening large numbers of cyber clubs, as they see more than just the benefits of renting out equipment. This will encourage many young people to take up cybersports, which in turn will attract a stream of tourists to the country and have a positive impact on the economy.
In some countries, however, cyber clubs are only needed to provide access to the global web. The problem is that equipment in these countries is quite expensive and many people would choose a club close to home that would be much cheaper.
Do you want to know which countries have the largest number of cyber clubs? Then take a look at this list:
- Bogota (432). The Bogota cyber clubs are a great example of how technology can be used to bring people together with shared interests. They are a place where people can come together and share their passion for the internet and gaming,
- Ho Chi Minh (431). Ho Chi Minh cyber clubs are a new phenomenon that has been growing in popularity in the last few years. They are places where people share their knowledge and skills on various topics, such as computer programming, game design, and web development,
- Mumbai (381). Mumbai has seen the rise of cyber clubs in recent years. These clubs are based on the idea of providing a safe space for people to also learn about digital media and technology,
- Istanbul (381). The increase in demand for these clubs is largely due to the younger generation who are looking to spend time with their friends while playing games,
- Bangkok (368). Bangkok is a popular destination for tourists and residents alike. It is the capital city of Thailand and is a thriving metropolis with a rich history. But Bangkok has another side to it, one that you might not see in all the hustle and bustle of day-to-day life. Bangkok also has its share of cyber clubs, which are places where people go to play games, drink, or just socialize.
What’s also remarkable is that in addition to powerful computers and internet access, these clubs will offer you a variety of food, drinks, and other entertainment.