Last Updated: March 19, 2022.
Go to the search engine and type – How To Ensure Your Computer Run Smoothly?
What do you see? You will find that there are thousands of articles, blogs, and guides showcasing tips and tricks to make your system run smoother.
After going through some of the top results, you will find one thing in common – Cleaning your PC from time to time.
While it might seem like a no-brainer, you would be surprised to know that most people don't even care about cleaning their PCs for redundant data.
In fact, there is a possibility that you were also never expecting this to be in common.
Like any other thing in your room needs maintenance, so does your computer system. IT professionals have always serviced users to keep their system clean inside out for all the unnecessary data.
Now that you have understood the importance of cleaning your system, the next big question is which one to go for, Online or Offline.
Online PC Cleaning Software
Online PC Cleaning software are web applications that need an internet connection to perform. These web applications offer the same feature compared to Offline PC cleaning software but don’t use any system processing power.
Online PC cleaning services are distributed over the server. All the features and services are maintained via the server network, ensuring all your data is safe and secure.
- Do Not Need System’s Processing Power: As online software uses servers to distribute their services, they do not use system processing power to operate.
- Scan Your System For Any Malware Attacks: They can be considered a semi antivirus software tool. They scan the system and alarm the user for any harmful substance present in the system.
- Helps You With Effective Data Management: Offer a one-stop platform to manage all your data with one click effectively.
- Need Internet Access to Use: Yes, you cannot use any online PC cleaning software tool without an internet connection.
- Prone Cyber Attacks: As the web software is online, it is always prone to cyber-attacks and hackers.
Offline PC Cleaning Software
Offline PC cleaning software applications are the tools you directly download into your system. These tools use your internal memory as their own and save all the data.
Offline PC cleaning software becomes personalized software for the system and auto-tunes itself for your system requirement.
So, whenever new data is added to the system, it goes through the software for quality check and is then stored in the system.
These offline software tools might act like antiviruses but are in no way antiviruses. However, they do offer security to some extent.
- Deep Scanning: Offline PC Cleaning software comes with deep scanning, which scans all the data from the system and filters out every unwanted data.
- Clean Unwanted Files: Prompt users to clean the unwanted. This helps the system have enough free space to perform efficiently.
- Help With Monitoring Processing power: Offer a platform to monitor all your processing power.
- Interferes With Antiviruses (Sometimes): Sometimes, you might find that your system antivirus filters the software out as dangerous software for the system.
- Required A License: You need to purchase the license to use offline software. Without the license, it won’t work.
Online Vs. Offline PC Cleaning Software
Online and Offline PC Cleaning software offers the same primary feature of cleaning your computer system and filtering out all the unwanted files, folders, and residual software data.
Once we move from the primary feature, this is where we can feel the difference. Online and offline PC cleaners operate on two different platforms. Hence, by default to their platform, they offer certain features different from the others.
For instance, online PC cleaners are effective against malware attacks, while offline PC cleaners can only deal with what is inside the computer.
On the other hand, offline PC cleaners are much safer than online PC cleaners because of the lack of internet use.
Both come with different sets of pros and cons. Now, it is up to you to decide what you want to go for.
If you ask us to decide, we will always go for offline PC cleaners. The reason is simple – lack of internet connection. Yes, interconnection is helping many software offer better services. But, we believe that in this case, it can become quite risky.
Who knows, while you are using inline PC cleansers to clean your system, malware might find loopholes to make themselves squeeze through in your system.
Well, these are our thoughts. You can have your own. Do share what you think about the two PC cleaning software and which one you will choose.