Last Updated: July 28, 2022.
If you are reading this article, there is a strong chance that you might have enough of the limitations of your iPhone. Apple makes some of the most secure devices, but that takes the freedom of installing third-party apps and modifying the iOS.
You can get this freedom back by jailbreaking an iPhone. Jailbreaking might sound fishy, but it is legal. All you need is a reliable guide and tools to perform a jailbreak.
After jailbreaking an iPhone, you can install third-party software programs/apps, modify the user interface, and more.
Note: This is just a requested article for Information, do any act at your own risk and costs, keeping in mind your local or international laws.
How many types of Jailbreaks are there?
It is one of the most asked questions. There are four categories of jailbreaking an iPhone,
- Tethered Jailbreak: You can try it temporarily at the time of the single boot. If you restart your phone after switching it off, you might need to jailbreak it again(using a PC/laptop). If you miss jailbreaking your device again, it might get stuck in the Recovery Mode.
- semi-tethered Jailbreak: Your Apple device(iPhone) will boot without a patched Kernel during the semi-tethered jailbreak process. It will not be able to process a modified code and might not work in jailbreaking or tweaking apps. You might need jailbreaking software with the patched kernel.
- Untethered Jailbreak: You can restart your phone in the Untethered Jailbreak. However, the kernel will stay patched. You will also be able to use the jailbroken version after restarting your device.
- semi-untethered Jailbreak: This jailbreaking process is similar to the Untethered jailbreaking process, but in this jailbreak, your phone will remain not-jailbroken after a reboot. The best part of this jailbreaking process is that it allows you to jailbreak your phone using an app, which means you would not need an extra PC/Laptop to do the method.
How to Jailbreak an iPhone?
You might want to check these prerequisites or safety warnings before starting the jailbreaking process.
- Backing up your data might be a good idea in case things do not go to plan,
- Jailbreaking is a safe process, but still, there might be a teeny-weeny possibility of your device going dead,
- After jailbreaking it, you will void its warranty.
1) Uncover jailbreak
First of all, you might need to check if your iPhone is up to date. You can use this method to jailbreak your iPhone by using a Mac.
You can perform this method on the following devices,
- iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, and iPhone SE (iOS 13.5.1, 13.6, 13.6.1),
- iPhone XR, XS Max, and iPhone XS (iOS 13.5.1, 13.6, and 13.6.1),
- iPhone X, 8 Plus, and iPhone 8 (iOS 11 – 13.5),
- iPhone 7 Plus, and 7 (iOS 11 – 13.5),
- iPhone SE, 6s Plus, and iPhone 6 (iOS 11 – 13.5),
- iPhone 6 Plus, and 6 (iOS 11 – 12.4.1).
Steps you might need to follow
1) You might need to install AltStore on a Mac device,
2) Open Altstore,
3) You might need to click on the AltServer icon to select the Install Mail Plugin option,
4) Go to the Mail app application folder to enable AltPlugin,
5) Use a USB drive to connect your iPhone with your Mac,
6) Click on the AltStore icon and choose the iPhone you have,
7) Sign in with your Apple ID,
8) After signing in, click on the Install button,
9) You might need to go to Device management. If you do not know how to reach there, follow this path,
Settings->General-> Apple ID->Install Unc0ver on your iPhone,
10) Download the 5.3.1 version of Unc0ver, and then install it on your iPhone,
11) Open it on your iPhone and click on the Jailbreak button(blue-colored),
12) Tap OK, and your device should reboot after the process completion( You might need to DIY if it does not reboot itself),
13) Go to the Jailbreak tool again in Unc0ver, and Click on Jailbreak.
Jailbreaking an iPhone might be a little more complicated than Jailbreaking another device like Amazon Firestick. Although, both jailbreaks offer the same thing, unlocking the full potential. Check out this one of the most popular methods to jailbreak a Firestick easily.
By jailbreaking a Firestick, you will unlock its free potential and will be able to stream content for free. Whether you jailbreak an iPhone or an Amazon Firestick, you might not want to use illegal apps or stream illegal or copyrighted content because it can put you into legal trouble.
Uncover is one of the best tools to jailbreak an iPhone safely. You might want to try the Checkra1n tool if Unc0ver does not work for you. It is a semi-tethered jailbreaking process. You might also need an additional Linux or Mac device to use this tool.
Jailbreaking is a legal process, but streaming copyrighted content or using illegal apps is not. You might want to avoid performing these types of actions.