Last Updated: February 13, 2022.
It is not an easy job to arrange your furniture in a still-empty room. If you have not planned the design of your room for years, you might feel lost.
However, with proper room creator software and simple tips from this article, you will know where to start and how to arrange your apartment.
There are lots of calculations and thinking on your way, so don’t waste your time.
Furniture Setup Plan
The most complicated thing is to start somewhere. This is why you need to create an appropriate plan. It will ease the whole process in the future. Here is a detailed instruction for you:
- You have to clear the space to evaluate it. Remove all the garbage from the room if any. You have to take measurements. Create a layout with your room dimensions. It will help you decide which furniture to place and where. Look at the patterns around you before you decide where to place a sofa or table.
- Take advantage of the digital tools that help to plan everything in advance. You don’t have to buy furniture until you find out what it will look like in the room. Software for interior design like Room Planner contains a library with furniture samples. You can choose the size, texture, and color of each piece of furniture and place it in a 3D model of your room. Change the place of the furniture until you find the perfect spot.
- Find the balance in the room. Keep in mind that you have to search for the balance while locating your furniture. A heavy sofa combines well with a large armchair, for example. Try to avoid an imbalance between the two nearest items. Never pull your sofa close to the wall since you will downsize the whole room.
- Think carefully about the color palette. It is better to use matching colors or shades between your furniture and walls. However, you may try to create a contrast by picking the opposite colors in the same color temperature palette. Don’t go with the warm colors of a sofa standing close to the cold palette of your walls.
- Mix materials as much as you want. You can experiment with different textures as well. The most popular option is to mix metal, wood, and marble. Add some light fabrics to the design.
- Always pick the furniture before mirrors and pictures. Don’t hang them before you adjust a sofa to its place. See how it looks during the day and night.
- After you place the furniture, you might need extra lamps.
Add Coziness to Your Life
Furniture is what turns an empty room into a living space. You have to think carefully about which furniture to place in the room and where since it is not something you can constantly remove.
Once you finish with the walls, think about the furniture location. Use specific programs that allow you to see the model of the furnished room. If you have more recommendations to share, do it in the comments. Which tips have you found the most helpful?