Last Updated: July 30, 2020.
It’s easy to restore files moved to the Trash folder back to their original location. However, sometimes you delete data from Trash as well and think that the files are permanently deleted i.e. they are forever lost from the system.
Well, this is just a myth! There are ways to recover your files even if you have emptied them from the Trash folder.
The truth behind Trash Folder deletion
When a file is emptied from the Trash folder, it vanishes from our immediate view and we believe that it has been permanently deleted. In reality, the files remain on your Mac hard drive; it’s just that we are not able to locate them. This is the reason it is possible to recover these files.
Free Mac Data Recovery Software: Recover files emptied from Trash
Data recovery software are the tools which can recover deleted files from your Mac system. The software scans the system for lost files and lists them out for recovery. You can then restore the file by saving them.
One of the best data recovery software is Stellar Data Recovery Free Edition for Mac, which also recovers all files which have been emptied from Trash.
It is an advanced DIY tool which recovers all kinds of data such as files, folders, documents, photos, videos, audio, etc. from storage devices such as Mac hard drives, external hard drives, memory cards, SSD drives, SD cards, etc. Get Free Mac Data Recovery Edition Now!
Using Stellar Data Recovery Free to recover files
1. Run Stellar Data Recovery Free Edition.
2. From Select What to Recover screen, please select the desired type of data i.e. Documents, Emails, Videos, Audio or Photos, which you want to retrieve from the Trash folder. The default option is to Recover Everything.
3. Click Next.
4. From the Select Location screen, select the volume from which you want to recover the data. The Trash folder is in the Macintosh Drive, so select Macintosh Drive.
5. You can select/ opt for Deep Scan if you want to perform a comprehensive scan of the Macintosh drive.
6. Click Scan.
7. On the next screen, you can see the scanning process in detail. If you wish to stop the scan midway, click “Stop” button.
9. After the scanning process is completed, you will be able to see the details of the files and folder. Please look for the file that was previously emptied from the Trash folder.
10. Once the scanning process is complete, you can see all the files listed in the tree view, as shown below:
11. Please select the files and folders you want to recover. There is also an option to change the Tree view to File List. You can also change the tree view to Deleted List to recover your deleted data.
12. If you wish to search for the specific file you wish to recover, enter the name of the file in the text box in the preview window. Then press Enter.
13. For recovering an individual file, right-click on the file in the right pane and select Recover option.
It is definitely possible to recover files from Emptied Trash folder as files emptied from Trash folder aren’t permanently erased from the system. A data recovery software can easily locate and restore the file and save you from the consequences of data loss. Stellar Data Recovery Free Edition for Mac is one of the most reliable and efficient data recovery software, which is designed to recover data from any loss scenario.