Last Updated: September 28, 2020.
Do you have some favorite Android games? Have you ever wondered if you can take them from your smartphone or tablet and play them on a PC? Well, the answer to that is yes, and it lies in an Android emulator called Nox Player. It’s free to use, and it’s user-friendly, so here’s all you need to know about it.
How to Download Nox Player:
- Using your desktop browser, download Nox Player app and save it to your desktop
- Double-click the file on your desktop and follow the on-screen instructions to install it
- On the Terms and Conditions page, click Agree and then Install
- Choose Online or Offline Installation – online takes a couple of minutes, while offline can take 15 minutes or more
- The Nox Player icon will be on your home screen when the installation is finished.
How to Use Nox Player
- Double-click the Nox Player icon, to open it – it will need a few minutes to set up
- On the Nox Player home screen are some icons, including Play Store – click the Play Store icon
- Use your Google account to sign in or set a new account up
- From there, either finish setting the emulator up or skip to the home screen
- You will see some options on the right side of the screen, including file transfers, APK downloads, and more – Nox Player is ready for use
Nox Player Features
When you download Nox Player, you can take advantage of these cool features:
- Fast and smooth gameplay – Speed is the primary feature of Nox Player and, to help with smooth gameplay, you can customize a few of the performance settings, including setting RAM allocation and how many CPUs to use.
- External Controller Compatibility – Most Android devices do not support external game controllers, but Nox Player does, making gameplay much easier
- Device Emulation – Nox Player emulates everything about your device; your device model, phone number, IMEI number, and other device-specific information
- Root Access – Nox Player, is rooted with SuperUser right out of the box, so you have easy and instant access to your computer file system.
Frequently Asked Questions
Read on for more information about Nox Player
What is Nox Player?
Nox Player is a light yet powerful Android emulator. It is free to use and enables you to use Android apps and games on your desktop computer. This way, you can take advantage of all the resources your computer has to offer, including a larger screen, better processors, more RAM and storage, and much more.
Is it Safe?
Yes, it has passed all the tests with the major antivirus platforms and is 100% safe to use
Is it Free?
Yes, but be aware – if you choose paid games from the Google Play Store, you will still have to pay for them.
Where Does Nox Player Differ from BlueStacks?
While both offer a great range of features, Nox Player is the better option:
- BlueStacks is one of the biggest emulators but has recently been updated and is now much slower. Nox Player offers faster service and is the best option for gaming.
- Nox is much easier to root than BlueStacks
- Nox doesn’t use as many resources as BlueStacks, is faster and more stable.
Can I Add A Game Controller to Nox Player?
- Using the correct cable, connect your controller and computer.
- When you see the Controller icon at the top of the Nox home screen – the connection is made.
- Click the icon, and you go into Settings.
- Make the changes you want and save them.
- You can now use your game controller with Nox Player.
How to Fix Error 1020/1008 – Virtual Machine Failed to Start
- Reboot your desktop
- Temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus. Right-click the Nox Player icon and choose Open File Locations
- Choose Nox, and the Nox folder will appear.
- Click it and click novum.
- Right-click on NOXVM and click Run as Administrator
- The error has disappeared.
Fix Error 1005 – Outdated Graphics Card?
- Click on Multiplayer and then click Rendering Mode.
- Click OpenGL or DX
- Restart Nox, the error should be gone.
- If it isn’t, try updating your graphics card drivers. If it still happens, you need to replace your graphics card as it isn’t compatible with Nox Player.
And Error 1006 – Nox Needs to Reboot?
This error appears when your version of Nox Player is outdated – download the latest version from the official website. If you already have the latest version, follow the steps above to change the rendering mode, and the error will go.
Nox Player is now the most used Android emulator; it is light, using a few computer resources, and it offers the best performance for game players. Give it a go, enjoy playing your favorite Android games on your computer.