Last Updated: December 29, 2022.
People often take time to decide on health issues. They may only start looking for solutions by the time their symptoms worsen. This is where your paid-ad marketing comes in handy.
With pay-per-click hospital ads, offer services, products, and your brand to people who need them the most to improve the chances of conversion.
This guide helps you create razor-sharp hospital paid ads. We focus on time-tested, trusted strategies to level up your PPC campaigns.
Create Optimized Landing Pages
As said by Digital Authority Partners, effective and engaging landing pages make great PPC ads. This is true, especially for healthcare providers. Your landing page is where prospective patients arrive when they click on your ad. So it must serve the offer you promised in your ad.
If your ad does not live up to that promise, your prospects can turn to other sources, most likely your competitors. So, for each ad campaign, check your landing page to make sure it is relevant, helpful, and of high quality. Here are some ways to optimize your landing pages.
- Prioritize user experience. Create content that appeals to audience emotions and understands their needs. As said earlier, the content must match your ad copies and search intent.
- Improve call-to-action (CTA). Use a firm, commanding action word; provoke enthusiasm and be creative.
- Create a mobile-friendly landing page. Local advertisers will earn the most from mobile ads in 2022. Use expanded text ads to show better on different devices. Use compelling headlines and the right ad assets for better appeal and relevance.
Incorporate Ad Extensions
Ad extensions are extra pieces of information you add to your PPC ad to entice your audience to click. These also expand your ad space and improve ad performance. They are important for hospitals.
The call extension, for one, allows people to call you immediately, which is helpful during emergencies. They click on it from your ad, directing them to your emergency number or central line. Here are more ad extensions you can use to optimize your ads:
- Sitelink extensions. These are four spaces below the ad where you display links to your site. Add links to your services, blog posts, about us, and contact pages.
- Callout extensions. These phrases below your ad description could be any information about your hospital, like your opening hours, specializations, laboratory services, etc.
- Image extensions. This is a relevant image found under your ad. Feature your logo or photos of your hospital lobby, staff, or services. Photos must be clear, original, and follow Google Ad quality standards.
- Location extensions. This is your location shown below your ad. This extension is essential if you have different offers and services in various locations.
- Affiliate location extensions. This is ideal for hospitals who wish to advertise their affiliate clinics, laboratories, pharmacies, and other healthcare providers.
Use Responsive Ads Style
Responsive ad designs work best for display ads. Responsive ads are smarter and adapt to the viewers, so you can show them the most relevant content.
Your ads have a broader reach with a responsive display design. Upload ad assets like headlines, images, logos, videos, and descriptions; Google then automatically creates ad combinations for apps, websites, Gmail, and YouTube ads.
Measure the performance of your responsive ads through conversion tracking in Google Ads. Monitor sign-ups, quote requests, and purchases—metrics that are beyond clicks. Results will help you improve your ads. The following tips can enhance your responsive ad performance.
- Increase headlines and descriptions to maximize combinations. Google recommends adding up to 15 headlines and four descriptions to increase the number of combinations.
- Create unique headlines and descriptions. Make sure you have variations but avoid repetitive words, ideas, or phrases. Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies with PPC.
- Remove pins on some assets. Doing so allows more combinations of your headlines and descriptions. Fewer pins, more combinations drive more people to your offers.
- Use popular keywords in your headlines and descriptions. Locate the most popular keywords from the ad creation process and use them to develop relevant headlines and descriptions. The Keyword Insertion tool helps you quickly add keywords to ad groups.
- Check against typical responsive ads issues. Certain issues affect the strength of your ads, like missing final URLs, unassigned ads to your ad groups, and missing keywords in your ad group. Be sure to check for these issues.
Zero in on Your Audience with Location Targeting
Location targeting allows your hospital to focus on the locations that it serves, thus improving its reach, attracting new patients, and eventually increasing its return on investment (ROI).
User settings, buying behavior, and devices determine location targeting. Due to these varied signals, you cannot guarantee 100% accuracy. Still, monitor your metrics and check your ad settings.
From your Google Ads account, set up location targeting to help you reach your marketing goals. Here are ways to improve location targeting in your PPC ads.
- Add location-specific keywords to your ad copy. This helps search engines better understand, index, and show your ads to people who need them the most. As such, searchers find your relevant ads.
- Use local terms for healthcare. Use local terms related to cures, treatments, and health issues. Add them in your ad copies to make for relevant content and offers.
- Customize geo-targeting. Google Ads offers powerful geo-targeting tools. You can “draw” the site on a map where your ads appear in addition to manually selecting location, city, community, metropolitan area, and country.
Improve Campaigns With Regular Audits
Successful PPC ads undergo regular audits, which help you find issues and fix them ASAP. Regular audits also describe how well you rank against your competition. Turn the data gathered from audits into insights to improve ad campaigns and target your audience effectively.
Do your own audits or have a third-party company do them. Here is a checklist to keep you focused.
- Track conversions. Do this in AdWords. High conversion rates despite low sales, identical click and conversion counts, and unusually low conversion counts indicate incorrect settings. Track conversions by checking conversion tracking code placement.
- Check targeting settings. Do this for every campaign. Check network settings, mobile bid adjustments for mobile ads, and target locations to fine-tune location targeting.
- Ensure ad group relevance. To easily create searcher-targeted ads, use highly targeted keywords for every ad group. Use keywords like “emergency hospital,” “24-hour emergency hospital,” “children’s hospital,” or “children’s hospital in San Diego.”
- Examine negative keyword list. Negative keyword optimization eliminates irrelevant searches. Check the search reports to see which terms are triggering your PPC ads and which ones you do not want. Add those you do not want to your negative keyword list.
Creating a well-focused PPC hospital ad drives more leads, improves traffic to your site, and can improve awareness of your expertise, services, and specializations. Meet the needs of your patients and give them information that will help them make better health and wellness decisions.