Last Updated: September 6, 2019.
The days of DVDs are gone. Let’s face it. We can watch anything online these days, thanks to Netflix and other media service providers. With the rise of external hard drives as storage, CDs are pretty much the last resort these days.
This is not to say that DVDs are extinct. It’s just that they’re not commonly used these days or considered as obsolete. Still, there are VOB files out there. Hence, you want to convert VOB to MP4. After all, you get better video quality with the later. Best of all, you get to preserve your old files.
Why Need To Convert VOB Files?
The reason why you stick to MP4 files is that the former can take up a lot of space on your computer. A more updated version of your file can take up less space. So, if you still have some VOB files stored in your computer, then it’s time to convert them. That way, they occupy less space, and you always get to keep your memorable files.
So, it’s probably high time that you update your VOB files. You surely don’t want to delete them, do you? Besides, an MP4 video is more comfortable to play on other devices. You will have more options to play it on. That way, you can share it with more people.
Read on to learn more about the three methods that can help you do just that.
How To Convert VOB To MP4
Firstly by using the DumpMedia Video Converter: Using a video converter is the most recommended way to do it. To start with, it’s easier. You can do without the technical gibberish. Now, there are a lot of video converters out there. Unfortunately, not all video converters are created equal. You need to careful in choosing one.
If you’re going to use a video converter, you might as well choose one that’s very easy to use. What’s the use of using a video converter if you have to rack your brain on it?
If there’s one video converter that’s very straightforward to use, it’s DumpMedia. The DumpMedia Video Converter not only provides the best video conversion solution for you; it also allows you to share your videos online and offline effortlessly. It levels up your visual and audio experience.
At the moment, the program is available only to Mac users. For Windows users out there, do not worry. Your version is coming pretty soon.
If you’re wondering how does it work? take a look at the steps below.
- Download the application from the link provided. Click on the Free Download on the lower right-hand side of the screen.
- Install the program.
- Launch the DumpMedia Video Converter. As you will notice, the interface of the software is straightforward. It’s not intimidating to use at all.
- Go to the top left-hand side of the screen. Select and click Add Files. You can also drag the VOB file you want to convert to the main converting window. Hence, you have two options on how to add a file, either you add it or drag it to the main converting window.
- Go to the top right-hand side of the screen. You will see Convert all tasks to. In the box beside it, look for the MP4 format.
- Go to the lower part of the screen and look for Browse.
- Click on it to select the folder where you want to save your MP4 file in.
- Go to the right-hand side of the screen again. Look for the Convert button. You will find this a little lower than the box where you chose to Convert all tasks.
- Click on Convert. Once the process is finished, simply tap “Open Folder” to preview your MP4 video.
As you will notice, the navigation of the program is pretty easy. It just takes a couple of clicks. The sailing is as straightforward as their interface. Anyone can do it. Anyone can use it.
It won’t just convert VOB to MP4, but it will also provide you tools so that you can edit your video. This is, no doubt, one powerful video converter.
It also boasts of high-speed conversion, which means your waiting time is pretty short. Some video converters can take a very long time. This one just takes a couple of seconds. Hence, it is the reason why it’s recommended.
Ssecondly by changing extension On Mac: This method will show you how to convert VOB to MP4 on Mac. It’s pretty similar to the steps on Windows. Of course, it just differs in terms of navigation.
- Select the file.
- Open Get Info for the VOB file.
- Press on your keyboard Command + I. The information of your file will open as a pop-up window.
- Go to the lower part of the pop-up window and look for Hiding extension. You will notice that the box before it is checked.
- Uncheck the box to display the name extension of the file.
- Exit the pop-up window and go back to the VOB file.
- Right-click on the VOB file to rename it. To convert VOB to MP4, simply change VOB to MP4 on the file name after the dot.
- Confirm the change in the dialogue box that will appear on the top screen.
Those are the steps to convert VOB to MP4 on Mac. Of course, this is just a simple conversion of the VOB file to MP4. You wouldn’t be able to edit the file if you wanted to.
Download Videos For Free [Bonus Tip]: Do you watch a lot of videos online? Surely, you do. As a matter of fact, you probably have a long list of YouTube videos saved in your account. YouTube is great. They make it easy for you to download videos. However, there are some videos that they don’t allow for downloads.
This is where the DumpMedia can help you. You see, you can download any kind of videos through their “Online Downloader”. You just need to paste the URL here, and you are good to go.
Sure, there other websites that can do the same thing for you and they won’t charge as well. The thing is, they have a lot of ads on their site. They present you with a download button that’s pretty deceiving. As a matter of fact, they offer you a lot of download buttons. Before you’re able to download the video, you’ve already downloaded a ton of ads.
That could get pretty frustrating. It’s also not good for the security of your computer. You can’t keep on downloading just anything from the internet. You might end up downloading a virus.
So, why use this Video Conversion tool? For starters, there are no ads. Check it out here. You get a clean interface. You just paste the URL of the video you want to download and click on the download button on the right-hand side. It’s that easy. There are no deceiving buttons to download.
You can definitely convert VOB to MP4. As a matter of fact, you have two options as to how to do it. While the DumpMedia is available only for Mac users at the moment, it will be out soon.
It’s best to convert and update your VOB file to MP4. What better way to update and to edit it but to use a video converter such as DumpMedia?
Of course, the choice is yours. Which method from today’s post are you going to try first?
We would love to hear which method works best for you. Feel free to comment below right now.